From $5,290 Ride Away
RACING SUCCESS STARTS HERE!
The RM85 delivers everything first-time motocross racers demand and is equipped with technology from Suzuki's championship-winning two-stroke motocross weapons. The junior-size RM85 is the perfect tool for young riders learning to race and win.
Engineered to perform, the high revving 85cc reed valve engine features alloy exhaust valves for more stable combustion, in combination with the Keihin PE28 carburettor.
At ground level, inverted Showa cartridge forks use a progressive valve system with damping tuned to match the strong rear shock. The braking system boasts large discs and a twin-piston caliper up front.
The RM85 comes with 17-inch front and 14-inch rear tyres, 1,240mm wheelbase and 850mm of seat height.
Bonus Race Kit
37mm Showa front forks
- Exhaust valves made of aluminium to match well the expansion rate of the cylinder itself improve sealing.
- The exhaust valve governor and actuator with good throttle response and tractability.
- Digital CDI map offers the suitable engine performance at high rpm.
- Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission features a fully worked-out shift mechanism, including strong shift-drum detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum.
- Knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel.
- Tubular steel frame and aluminium swingarm with thick wall for performance on the track, especially in the corners.
- A Showa rear shock absorber, with its large diameter shock body, is designed and properly valved to produce a plush feel and increase bottoming resistance.
- The Showa rear shock provides 277mm of wheel travel for smooth, consistent handling and performance on demanding racetracks.
- Light small-diameter front and rear brake hose. Front brake hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover and reducing weight.
- Rigid rear brake caliper with reliable braking performance, long pad life and easy maintenance.
- Plastic rear brake caliper guard reduces the possibility of deformation and saving weight as well.
- The RM85 comes with 17-inch front and 14-inch rear tyres, 1,240mm wheelbase and 850mm of seat height.
- Footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, making them more durable with better grip.
- A long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and when clutching off at corners.
|Engine||Single cylinder, 2-Stroke, reed-valve, liquid-cooled|
|Transmission||6-Speed constant mesh|
|Front Suspension||37mm SHOWA inverted forks, fully adjustable|
|Rear Suspension||SHOWA shock with compression and damping adjustment|
|Front Brakes||Single 220mm disc, lightweight twin piston caliper|
|Rear Brakes||Single 200mm disc, lightweight caliper|
|Fuel Capacity||5 LITRES|
|Colours||Champion Yellow No. 2/ Solid Black|
|Seat Height||850 MM|
|Wet Weight||73 KG|